So as many of you know my goal is to read a fictional and a non fictional book each month which would total 24 books in a year. I easily have enough of a list of “want to reads” to be able to completely supply my goal! There are so many great books out there.
I also try to write a short review of each of the books so that maybe you will find a book interesting enough to pick up! Or maybe it will encourage you to make some time for reading! Or excite you! Whatever it may be! 😉
So I didn’t quite make it this year to twenty four books! I did finish 20 though! Not too far behind! But what is a goal if it is too easy to obtain? I will give it another try in 2012 and I’m not worried if I don’t make it. Just the fact that I have the goal makes me think about what I want to read and what I want to make time for and to actually make it a priority to take time to sit and read!
If you look back to my original book list for 2011 you will notice it is different than what I actually read. I start with a list of books I find super interesting and would like to read, but I’m also ok with changing it up or adding or deleting books if another intriguing find appears!
The following list are the books that I’ve completed and the links will take you to the review of each book. I started this blog in March of last year, so some of these books don’t have reviews since I finished them before I had started the blog. Sorry to disappoint, but the list will look different at the end of 2012!!! Also, stay tuned for my 2012 book list which is due to be out in the first week of January!
- End of the Spear –Steve Saint
- How To Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor – Robert Mendelsohn
- Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It – Gary Taubes
- Shepherding a Childs Heart – Ted Tripp
- A Sweet and Bitter Providence – John Piper
- The Jew Store –Stella Suberman
- All Over But the Shoutin’ – Rick Bragg
- The Duties of Parents– J.C. Ryle
- Into Thin Air – Jon Krakauer
- Nourishing Traditions – Sally Fallon (not finished yet but to be continued in 2012)
- Building Bridges: Christianity and Islam – By Fouad Elias Accad
- Vaccines: Are They Really Safe and Effective? A Parent’s Guide to Childhood Shots (Both printings of 1992 and 2002)
- Until the Day Breaks – Patricia St. John
- Dear Money – Martha McPhee
- The Memory Keepers Daughter – Kim Edwards
- The Jew Store –By, Stella Suberman
- Baking Cakes in Kigali – Gaile Parkin – Rwanda
- White Picket Fences – Susan Meissner