I think I’ve mentioned in the past that I’m all about one pot or plate dishes. I like to make one major portion of the meal and not have lots of sides much less complicated sides to concoct. This one fits the bill! It was quick and simple and took less than an hour easy to throw together.
It was a hit in the family and everyone had seconds. I think Tonchi had fourths and we had only one tiny dish of leftovers for Brian’s lunch the next day! We did serve it over rice, but it would taste good over quinoa as well if that is prefered. Sometimes I can do that, but often times it’s near mutiny by husband and kids if there isn’t rice to go with a stir fry. Their Asian blood definitely shows in this preference!
Dear hubby would prefer to have rice once daily if not thrice daily! So limiting it to once a week is quite an adjustment, but it’s all I can do! It is also a relatively cheap filler, which is nice. When we have these types of meals over rice them the whole family can easily eat on a pound of meat. Otherwise it’s a bit of a stretch if there aren’t enough sides to fill them up!
Even though the kids are young it is amazing how much food they can put away. If you’ve ever seen them eat or you’ve been generous enough to have us over, you might not have prepared enough food. The way they eat, you’d think I hadn’t fed them in the last week!
So check out this recipe and let me know what you think!
Beef Tip Broccoli Stir Fry
3 TBSP Arrowroot
¾ cup water, plus
1 lb beef tips cubed
1 small onion sliced
6 garlic cloves finely chopped
2 TBSP chopped fresh ginger
2 TBSP coconut oil
4 cups broccoli florets
⅓ cup tamari
2 TBSP raw honey
- In a bowl combine 2 TBSP arrowroot and 2 TBSP of water and mix till smooth
- Add beef and mix well till completely covered – Let sit for 30 minutes
- Saute onion, garlic and ginger in coconut oil till soft, remove from pan and set aside
- In wok over medium high heat stir-fry beef in coconut oil until reaches desired doneness; remove from pan and keep warm.
- Steam broccoli in about ¼ cup water until soft and water is mostly gone.
- Return beef to pain.
- Combine tamari, honey remaining 1 TBSP arrowroot and ½ cup water until smooth
- Add to pan
- Return all ingredients to the wok and cook for 2 minutes or until warm and thick.
- Serve over rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice.
If you try it, let me know how it works out for you and what the rating is with your family!
4 thoughts on “Beef Tip Broccoli Stir Fry”
This sounds so, so good Bethanie! I am going to make this asap!!!
It really was good!!! 😉 Let me know how it turns out for you!
Tried this tonight with chicken. Yum. Thanks.
Yay! Glad it worked! 😉 Hmmm we might have to do it with chicken too! 😉