Here is our new set of goals for the year… I guess they are really my goals, but some of them entail Brian too! I don’t have much to say about them in particular except that I’m excited to work on these things! Each one of them is special and will enrich our lives; me and that of my kids and husband.
I’d love to hear your goal/plans/hopes/dreams for the future! I’m sure there is much for me to learn and ways to grow and add some ideas for next year for me!!! Please share!
Short Term Goals:
- Deepen my relationship with God, being more in-tune to Him working in my everyday activities and spend more time in prayer.
- Work more on my marriage – being more willing to serve and bless my husband. Also read at least one book on marriage this year.
- Make homeschooling plans for next year.
- Spend at least 10 minutes outside with the kids every day.
- Take advantage of how close Washington DC is and use it for more learning opportunities. Visit at least 6 times this year.
- Go camping at least twice if not more.
- Continue growing the blog, get more readers.
- Set one on one “dates” with each of the kids. Going out once a month for a special treat.
- Help the boys (ages 6 and 5) to make 2 or 3 goals for this year.
- Learn to Knit
- Repurpose/regift/thrift/give away/throw away 2014 items in this year.
Long Term Goals (in the next 5 years):
- Move to a new house with a yard and more space!
- Build Brian’s tree climbing business: Zacchaeus Tree Service – servicing the DC metro area! Contact us for any tree trimming or removal services!
- Reduce work hours, eventually quit working. Also thinking about starting a home business or small business of my own (health/financial advice/crafting/counseling, etc
- Persevere in homeschooling.
- Plan a 10 year wedding anniversary trip.
- Explore God’s long term call on our lives.
- Find ways to serve others: the poor, the orphan and the widow those in need in our own community.
- Continue to read, study, learn, research child instruction/training… never ending process!
- I’d also like to be more financially stable. Able to relax a little about spending money, not having to be so super tight each month and able to give more and save more.
- Build up our ‘emergency fund’ (4 months expenses in savings) and start contributing to IRA again.
And now to complete one of my goals for the year! A few goals for the boys. They are boys… it was like pulling teeth to get anything out of them! These aren’t exactly what I was hoping for, but they are only 6 and 5 respectively… so I’m sure they will grow in this area in the coming years! Will try again next year!
Goals for the Boys:
- Go bowling this year
- Work on becoming a football player
- Pray every day
- Play hockey with Julian and Jackson (cousins)
- Work on becoming a football coach
- Give God my best
Do you have any goals? What are your hopes and dreams for this coming year and years to come?